[Geany] Regression in 0.16 with symbols and gvfs remote files.

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 18 15:34:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:34:08 +1100, "James ." <jazzrz86 at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

>I also found another bug with the symbols sidebar. Sometimes the
>tooltips are empty. As it turns out, the hacked up workaround doesnt

Thanks, your testfile helped a lot. The empty tooltip bug is fixed in
SVN. It basically was caused by the ampersands in the function
signatures which screwed up GTK's tooltip code (it expects markup but
we passed it as plain text).

>actually work, it makes it work only for the current tab, and as soon
>as you save any document through this remote connection the symbols
>sidebar loses its tracking and clicking will not take you to the
>correct function. A better workaround is to right click the sidebar

Sigh, I have basically the same setup as you (GTK 2.14.7, GLib 2.18.4,
GVfs 1.0.3) but it all works fine.
The symbol list gets updated here, when adding/removing lines the line
numbers in the symbol names in the list are updated and clicking them
jumps me to the correct line.

Even though unlikely (I'm just guessing around): working with the same
file locally works as expected? I.e. does the same weird things
happen with the file you used remotely when you save it locally and
edit it?
I just don't see what is special to remote files since they are accessed
through gvfs-fuse as local files.