[Geany] Regression in 0.16 with symbols and gvfs remote files.

James . jazzrz86 at xxxxx
Thu Feb 19 01:27:15 UTC 2009

Yes, I dont know why this happens only over the ssh connection at my
work. I tried several different connections, including ssh and ftp,
and they all seem to work fine. It is almost as if its a gvfs issue
except that geany worked fine in 0.15.

One thing i did notice about the bug is that as soon as the document
gets saved, the line numbers and the tree structure is correct, BUT
clicking on the function in the symbols tree no longer points to the
correct line in the editor, and sometimes it will not respond to
clicks at all. As mentioned earlier, just resorting the tree returns
the functionality(temporarily). So the question is, when are the
"click" callbacks on the tree allocated to each item? Are they linked
to the sci editor in anyway? and are the line numbers kept in memory
along with the document or are they read again through a file
operation that would cause some error and not be read in? Some idea to
parts of the code that does these things would help, maybe I can find
the problem.

Thanks.