[Geany] VTE startup issues

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Dec 8 20:26:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:37:08 -0700, William wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am new to Geany and so far I really like it. I have two questions
>though.
>
>Every time I start Geany and look at the VTE, the prompt is gibberish.
>When I use left click - Restart Terminal, the prompt is fine from that
>point on during the session. Is there something I can do to get the
>prompt to start up normally?

Sigh.
I hoped we got these bugs fixed already some time ago.
What libvte version do you use?

>Also, every time I start Geany the VTE starts in the same directory.
>If I edit files in other directories and shut down Geany, when I
>restart it the VTE is still in the same original directory. Is there a
>way I can change the directory that the VTE starts in?

Weird. Geany should remember the last directory you changed to. It does
so here, that is Geany SVN on Debian Testing and I'm using also Geany
SVN on some Ubuntu 9.04 box. The code responsible for reading and
saving the last working directory of the VTE didn't change since 0.18,
so that shouldn't make a difference.

What shell did you configure to use?