[Geany] A way to toggle highlight current line on and off ?

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at xxxxx
Sat Aug 29 21:14:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Lee Gold<leegold at operamail.com> wrote:
> I admit my compliment to Geany is a slap at other
> editors. I will own that and it is solely my opinion.

Don't know what that has to do with anything in this thread, but OK.

> Initially I don't like high light current line, but after a few
> hours I pine for it. I'm a human looking at a machine. Is
> harmless distraction so bad a sin after hours of looking
> at a screen? Maybe it helps my eyes to refocus.

There are plenty of other things you could look at to refocus your
eyes, on or off the computer.  I will go a step further from Enrico's
polite "curiosity" and say that if it's any trouble at all to add this
feature to Geany, it's not worth it.  And definitely not worth a
keybinding in any case.

Why don't you just write a script to change the configuration (and
restart Geany if necessary)?  Sure, this will take a few seconds to
execute, but what's a few seconds "after hours of looking at a
screen"?

John