[Geany] A way to toggle highlight current line on and off ?

Lee Gold leegold at xxxxx
Sat Aug 29 20:46:45 UTC 2009

Enrico,

Regarding "why?":  I will not totally play here:^)

I admit my compliment to Geany is a slap at other editors. I will own that and it is solely my opinion.

Initially I don't like high light current line, but after a few hours I pine for it. I'm a human looking at a machine. Is harmless distraction so bad a sin after hours of looking at a screen? Maybe it helps my eyes to refocus.

IMO as good an editor as this could not be conceived of and coded without a psycho-visual sensibility on the part of it's creators. I'm sure you must expect some variability:^)

Lee

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:48:19 -0400, Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to toggle highlight current line color the cursor is on
> on/off? If not a toggle is there a menu somewhere?

Just for my curiosity, why?

> Is there a way to toggle line # on/off? I know there's a menu way, but
> is there a key combo or button?

Again, why?  :)

The reason there is no keybinding or other short way of toggling the
display of line numbers is because usually users want them always or
never. I never guessed they should be easily toggle-able, this is why
I'm curious you asking for that.