[Geany] A way to toggle highlight current line on and off ?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Aug 30 12:17:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:14:08 -0400, John wrote:

>> Initially I don't like high light current line, but after a few
>> hours I pine for it. I'm a human looking at a machine. Is
>> harmless distraction so bad a sin after hours of looking
>> at a screen? Maybe it helps my eyes to refocus.

Ok.
Did you try to change the style for highlighting the current line?
Maybe this helps already to relax your eyes. Make it brighter or darker
or whatever. I really don't think it's worth making it toggle-able.
Alternatively, you could write a plugin to change it in the way you
prefer.

>Why don't you just write a script to change the configuration (and
>restart Geany if necessary)?  Sure, this will take a few seconds to
>execute, but what's a few seconds "after hours of looking at a
>screen"?

Hehe, this is probably a little too heavy :).