[Geany] Merge toolbar + menu

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Apr 1 17:44:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:45:34 +0200, Enrico wrote:

>>in
>>>>>
> [snip]
>
>The menubar is just another type of widget as the toolbar and the
>default Xfce theme does style them differently. This is why you see
>different background colours.
>But you can either use another theme (another means also adjusting the
>Xfce theme) or overwrite the appropriate widget styles in your
>~/.gtrc-2.0.
>
>In SVN r3675 I added widget names for the menubar and toolbar:
>GeanyMenubar resp. GeanyToolbar
>this should make it easier to reference them in gtkrc's.

I forgot to mention, the relevant bit for your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 would be:

style "geanymenubar" = "default"
{
	blah
}
widget "Geany*.GeanyMenubar*" style "geanymenubar"

And 'blah' needs to be replaced with the proper bits to override the
themes default styling of the menubar.

To be honest, I have no idea what has to be overridden to get it
working, I also don't know much about GTK theming :(.

But I know Olivier Fourdan, the Xfce window manager and theming guru
and also a Geany user :). IIRC he wrote the default Xfce theme and
probably know how to change it. Just ask him (and say greetings from
Enrico, maybe that helps, maybe that makes it worse, haha).