[Geany] New request (if not exist) : restore tab

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at xxxxx
Wed Apr 1 03:23:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> I wasn't not trying to convince him, nevertheless his complaints about
> Firefox didn't explain anything about why it isn't going to be done, making
> his whole post poorly helpful to the thread.
>
> I'm not the one asking for the feature (and I don't plan to ask for it), but
> I'm still curious why features are rejected.

He actually did explain, even in his first response.  If you go back
and read it, you will see that the very first thing he said was that
adding that feature would make Geany bigger and slower.

He then brought up Firefox to show the path that he did not want Geany
to follow.

It was very clear to me already from his first response, but he
continued with a second, more detailed response anyway.  I think he
has done more than enough to explain why he's not adding the feature
to Geany.

Really, I have to say the developers of Geany are not only good at
software, but very patient in dealing with people as well.  Much more
patient and helpful than average, in my opinion.

John