[Geany] New request (if not exist) : restore tab

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Apr 1 15:11:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:40:15 -0400, Michael wrote:

>Yeh, I gotta pipe up here too. I've been using Geany on Linux and
>Windows for a couple years (gee, time flies). I do the major
>development stuff in  visual studio. It's got all the bells and
>whistles and horns and lights and da da da.... But when I just want to
>write something quick and dirty (mostly 'c' some html) I like to be
>able to click on the icon and a half second later there's geany. When
>I click on VS, 5 minutes later there's the studio.
>
>Geany is a GREAT tool. Please don't make it a 'big deal' IDE.

Thanks guys, very sweet. Even if I don't think Thomas intended any
offence.
He was completely right about asking for more detailed reasons than
just flaming about Firefox :).
And he was also right about my quoting style, I could have done this
better.
Regarding the double mail he received (Thomas and I talked about that
shortly on IRC afterwards), I'm not yet sure. If only he got my mail
twice, it was probably a problem between uvena's mail server and his
one, if anyone else got that mail twice, please make some noise.

To get slightly back to the topic:
the restore tab feature(and some of the extensions I and others
mentioned) probably can be implemented as a plugin, missing bits in the
plugin API can be added as necessary. No problem at all.

And in general, I really hate rejecting features but I also hate to get
away from the initial goal: being lightweight. We are already much
more away from this than I'd like though this doesn't mean we won't add
more features in the future, just to not add *anything*.

>and Enrico, thanks!

Don't forget Nick and Frank, who are also developing Geany and doing a
great job too. It's not me alone!
And of course, don't forget all the contributors, Thomas is one of them.

>For Sale: Nice Parachute, Used Once, Never Opened, Slightly Stained

Hahaha.