[Geany] integrating external tools (e.g. lint)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Sep 15 17:21:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:14:55 +0000 (UTC)
AC <gmane.0vd at gishpuppy.com> wrote:

> > Not ideal, but you could adapt one of the build commands.
>
> Adapt as in modify the compile or run command
> in /usr/share/geany/filetypes.*?

Not really, they shouldn't be changed. Use Build->Set Includes &
Arguments.

To keep compile and run, you could also add a Build command by editing
~/.geany/filedefs/filetypes.python:

[build_settings]
linker=echo Python Build command...

> > For now it'll probably only work if they match the 'standard'
> > interpreter error/warning syntax.
>
> I might be able to write a wrapper script to run the respective tool
> and reformat its output - however, I don't know what the "standard
> interpreter error/warning syntax" looks like...

filename:line_no: some message

e.g.
empty.h:4: Warnung: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `foo'
empty.c:21: error: conflicting types for `foo'

> Also, If this is gonna be built into Geany soon, it's probably not
> worth the trouble!?

Don't know if it'll be soon, maybe. When implemented it'll be a regex
you can edit yourself.

Regards,
Nick