[Geany] css.tags

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Sep 4 18:08:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:49:44 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

Hey,

as some time passed by, let's start again.

> Geany doesn't support this format for CSS (yet).
> There are two possible solutions:
> a) we add the CSS filetype to the list of filetypes which use this
> format (pipe-separated). But this would only affect the SVN version,
> you still wouldn't be able to use your file with Geany 0.14
> b) you or someone else write a script which converts your file into
> the native tagmanager format.
>
> I'd prefer a) as your list is 'generated' manually and not by a script
> and so the pipe-separated format is easier to maintain but it's not
> possible without changing the source code.

I'd still prefer a) and like to get it working if there are no
objections.

> After all, if we have decided how to proceed, I agree with Frank to
> include this list in Geany if you, Gavin, agree.

In the meantime I would disagree to this and instead provide the file
on www.geany.org/Download/Extras for download.
(if anyone is bored, write a plugin which downloads such files
automatically :D)

This way we could also move most of
the keywords which are defined in filetypes.css into the tags file and
add missing ones (see
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=787794&aid=2082597&group_id=153444).

What do you think?
Jason?