[Geany] "Could not execute the file in the VTE because it probably contains a command" Error when using VTE

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Sep 1 15:44:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 23:25:00 +0800, "onguarde -" <onguarde at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

> As suggested by someone in the IRC channel, here goes...
>
> Executing programs in VTE does work. However, I keep receiving the
> following error after a couple of repetitive building and executing
> of a C source file.
>
> "Could not execute the file in the VTE because it probably contains a
> command."
> The error message is shown in the status bar.
>
> I am uncertain what triggers it and upon a restart, I can continue
> executing/buildings the same source file normally.

this is an intended security feature.
See [1] for the whole discussion and reasons why this makes sense. And
as Nick and me wrote in [2] this can be simply avoided by pressing
Enter after working in the VTE or by restarting it (with SVN => r2920).

[1] http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2007-December/002290.html
[2]
 https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=787791&aid=2073061&group_id=153444