[Geany] Generalisation of build system

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Oct 9 11:24:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:35:12 +1100
"Lex Trotman" <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > These modifications need some time to sort out the best solution
> > and to code so I wouldn't suggest quickly forcing changes into the
> > 0.15 release.

We're discussing how to manage the proposed changes, and it's likely
that we'll give you SVN write access so you can start working in a
branch. Does this sound OK? We'll need a sf.net username.

> > What I will do over the next few days is to write a
> > proposed Build System section for the manual which can be
> > discussed, agreed and act as a specification.
> >
> As promised, attached is a Geany.html with my first cut at
> documenting the proposed changes to the build system.  To help you
> find the changes which are in several places I have attached an
> OpenOffice document version of the geany.txt file with changes marked
> using writers change marking facility. You may want to mark this up
> further with your comments so we can keep track.

Maybe it's just me but working through OpenOffice is not a good option.
OpenOffice is a big suite of software and many people using and
developing Geany don't have it installed. For discussing changes I
would prefer we did it on the ML.

Could you send the geany.txt file so I can diff it?

Regards,
Nick