[Geany] Generalisation of build system

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Oct 9 12:43:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Nick Treleaven <
nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:35:12 +1100
> "Lex Trotman" <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > These modifications need some time to sort out the best solution
> > > and to code so I wouldn't suggest quickly forcing changes into the
> > > 0.15 release.
>
> We're discussing how to manage the proposed changes, and it's likely
> that we'll give you SVN write access so you can start working in a
> branch. Does this sound OK? We'll need a sf.net username.

That sounds ok (as soon as our system administrators can find why the
firewall doesn't like SVN (or git)).
For the attached I started with a geany.txt from a tarball I got a couple of
days ago.

> > > What I will do over the next few days is to write a
> > > proposed Build System section for the manual which can be
> > > discussed, agreed and act as a specification.
> > >
> > As promised, attached is a Geany.html with my first cut at
> > documenting the proposed changes to the build system.  To help you
> > find the changes which are in several places I have attached an
> > OpenOffice document version of the geany.txt file with changes marked
> > using writers change marking facility. You may want to mark this up
> > further with your comments so we can keep track.
>
> Maybe it's just me but working through OpenOffice is not a good option.
> OpenOffice is a big suite of software and many people using and
> developing Geany don't have it installed. For discussing changes I
> would prefer we did it on the ML.
>
> Could you send the geany.txt file so I can diff it?

Ok,I  was just looking for a way of making changes visible easily,
personally I have trouble reading diffs of any substantial size.
No problem, we can each use our own method for finding the changes and
exchange the .txt file, attached.
Once we get over the hurdle of this first set of changes we can also discuss
individual items in the ML without the whole .txt file but the initial
changes were IMO too big to just put the diffs here.

Regards
Lex