[Geany] feature suggestion: jump

Gordon Wrigley gordon.wrigley at xxxxx
Wed Nov 19 09:43:55 UTC 2008

I have a feature suggestion I'd like to make.

The easiest way to explain this is probably just to point at an example of a
similar thing in a different application.
In most winamp style mp3 players when you press the j key it brings up the
jump dialog, this dialog provides a dynamic search of all the files in the
current playlist and allows you to instantly jump to any of them.
My suggestion is that Geany have a similar mechanism for searching and
jumping to symbols in the current file.

This is not something I've seen in any other editor, but I think it could be
very handy.