[Geany] feature suggestion: jump

Ben West mrgenixus at xxxxx
Wed Nov 19 11:10:21 UTC 2008

I honestly don't see the point of this..., the symbols list already adds
this functionality.  if there are are enough symbols in the symbols list to
warrant this, you're probably doing something wrong. Also, if the reason
this has been suggested is becuase you want an esy way to find the
declaration of an instance, you can right-click on any instance and "jump"
(as you put it) to the declaration.  just my $.02us

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Gordon Wrigley <gordon.wrigley at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a feature suggestion I'd like to make.
>
> The easiest way to explain this is probably just to point at an example of
> a similar thing in a different application.
> In most winamp style mp3 players when you press the j key it brings up the
> jump dialog, this dialog provides a dynamic search of all the files in the
> current playlist and allows you to instantly jump to any of them.
> My suggestion is that Geany have a similar mechanism for searching and
> jumping to symbols in the current file.
>
> This is not something I've seen in any other editor, but I think it could
> be very handy.

/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West