[Geany] Questions about VC Diff plugin

Andreas Tscharner andy at xxxxx
Wed May 14 08:04:07 UTC 2008

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> So, could you start Geany with the command line option "-d" and
> test again with both plugins? Then an additional console window will
> open and some more messages are shown, especially of the encoding
> conversion code.

OK, the VC plugin first:

Geany 0.14, GTK+ 2.10.11, GLib 2.12.11
Initializing plugin 'VC'
Loaded:   D:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\geanyvc.dll (VC)
J:\Cm4\_dev\src\Ui\MeasCtrl\MPCChangeDlg.pas : Pascal (UTF-8)

*** Here I started the diff command "Diff from current file" ***

CreateChildProcess: CreateProcess failed
GetExitCodeProcess failed: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.
s_spawn_sync error: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.
J:\Cm4\_dev\src\Ui\MeasCtrl\MPCChangeDlg.pas.vc.diff : Diff (UTF-8)

As before I have the diff and the status line says: "Something went
really wrong"

I activated the VC Diff plugin:

Initializing plugin 'Automatisches Speichern'
Initializing plugin 'Class Builder'
Initializing plugin 'Exportieren'
Initializing plugin 'Dateibrowser'
Plugin "d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\geanyvc.dll" already loaded.
Initializing plugin 'Zeichen für HTML'
Initializing plugin 'Version Diff'
Unloaded: d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\vcdiff.dll
Initializing plugin 'Version Diff'
Loaded:   d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\vcdiff.dll (Version Diff)
Unloaded: d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\autosave.dll
Unloaded: d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\classbuilder.dll
Unloaded: d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\export.dll
Unloaded: d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\filebrowser.dll
Unloaded: d:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\htmlchars.dll

A diff with the Version Diff (same file as above):
CreateChildProcess: CreateProcess failed
GetExitCodeProcess failed: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.
MPCChangeDlg.pas.vc.diff : Diff (UTF-8)

It worked??!!
I closed geany and re-started it in normal (not debug) mode again  and
tried it again. And this time it worked again. I disabled the VC plugin
and tried again, and it worked again.

I removed the geanyvc.dll from the plugins directory, tried again and it
worked, so I don't know what was wrong yesterday. Sorry for bothering!

Best regards
	Andreas
--

Andreas Tscharner   andy at vis.ethz.ch   ICQ-No. 14356454