[Geany] Questions about VC Diff plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed May 14 15:22:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008 10:04:07 +0200, Andreas Tscharner
<andy at vis.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > So, could you start Geany with the command line option "-d" and
> > test again with both plugins? Then an additional console window will
> > open and some more messages are shown, especially of the encoding
> > conversion code.
>
> OK, the VC plugin first:
>
> Geany 0.14, GTK+ 2.10.11, GLib 2.12.11
> Initializing plugin 'VC'
> Loaded:   D:\DevTools\Geany\plugins\geanyvc.dll (VC)
> J:\Cm4\_dev\src\Ui\MeasCtrl\MPCChangeDlg.pas : Pascal (UTF-8)
>
> *** Here I started the diff command "Diff from current file" ***
>
> CreateChildProcess: CreateProcess failed
> GetExitCodeProcess failed: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.
> s_spawn_sync error: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.
> J:\Cm4\_dev\src\Ui\MeasCtrl\MPCChangeDlg.pas.vc.diff : Diff (UTF-8)

For non-German readers:
the "error" message: "Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet." means
"The process finished successfully".

This message comes from the Windows API as an error code, in detail it
happens when GetExitCodeProcess() fails. I probably will never
understand why Microsoft return error messages telling everything was
fine. Maybe it's just that surprising on Windows that something didn't
fail that it is noteworthy.

;-).

> I removed the geanyvc.dll from the plugins directory, tried again and
> it worked, so I don't know what was wrong yesterday. Sorry for
> bothering!

Hmm, just post here if it happens again... and remember the -d command
line option ;-).