[Geany] Geany compiling error on Windows

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 14 13:46:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:53:50 -0600
"Alexandru Guzu" <alexguzu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Guess what... I worked!!!

Great ;-)

> Somehow I think I installed the same thing, but with the link you
> gave me, I had the option to choose which compilers to install. After
> choosing a C compiler (even thought I wrote "C++" code) it worked.

This is probably because g++ requires gcc, which isn't just a C
compiler but a compiler backend as well. I hadn't thought about
that, I always just install gcc anyway.

> Basically what i had to install was:
> -Geany
> -GTK+ Runtime Environment (not sure if this was actually necessary)

It depends on which installer you used for Geany, but no harm
reinstalling one.

> -Selected compilers from the link you gave me via the Automated MinGW
> installer (5.1.3)
> Also i had to set the path to the g++.exe like this: C:\MinGW\bin\g++
> -Wall -c "%f"
> This path also worked: C:\MinGW\bin\g++.exe -Wall -c "%f"

Thanks for this information, good luck with Windows coding.

Regards,
Nick