[Geany] Compiling Geany 0.13 on ubuntu

Nathan Wright nathan at xxxxx
Thu Mar 13 22:52:55 UTC 2008

I'm running into some difficulties compiling geany 0.13 on ubuntu
(xubuntu to be exact), and I'm hoping someone can help. This is the
error that I'm seeing when configuring:

===========
checking for GTK... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0
 >= 2.6.0) were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
===========

Running the command (seen in another thread):

  ldd `which geany` | grep gtk

returns:

libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb7c0e000)

Does anyone have any ideas? AFAIK, I have gtk2 installed, but I'm a
relative noob when it comes to linux, so I could easily be wrong. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Nathan Wright
nathan at brandalism.com