[Geany] Geany compiling error on Windows

Alexandru Guzu alexguzu at xxxxx
Fri Mar 14 12:53:50 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

Guess what... I worked!!!
Somehow I think I installed the same thing, but with the link you gave me, I
had the option to choose which compilers to install. After choosing a C
compiler (even thought I wrote "C++" code) it worked.
Well there are some problems with my code now, but at least I get errors
pointing at specific lines instead of just getting "Cannot execute child
process".

Anyway, thanks guys! Also I think you should mention about this MinGW on
your site, so others can benefit from my experience without too much
trouble.

Basically what i had to install was:
-Geany
-GTK+ Runtime Environment (not sure if this was actually necessary)
-Selected compilers from the link you gave me via the Automated MinGW
installer (5.1.3)
Also i had to set the path to the g++.exe like this: C:\MinGW\bin\g++ -Wall
-c "%f"
This path also worked: C:\MinGW\bin\g++.exe -Wall -c "%f"

Again thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alex.