[Geany] geany-dev, plugins (was Re: Modifying the document browser's behavior)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Feb 29 17:01:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:59:30 +0100
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> By the way. The official Debian package doesn't have a development
> package. I think this is a must have to allow people to write
> plugins. Do you have contact to the Debian folks?

Personally I don't, but maybe there is something we can do to help
distro maintainers produce a geany-dev (and geany-devel for Fedora)
package. I think this would be good to have in time for 1.0. Although
because we think the API may change before 1.0*, it's best for plugin
developers to work against SVN trunk.

We've started to think about 1.0, but there are still things to be
worked out, and of course no timeline (it's done when it's done).

(* API changes: tidying up some things for consistency, and to help us
keep the ABI stable after 1.0. We're not sure yet how long the ABI can
be kept stable after the 1.0 release. However we should be able to keep
the API stable after 1.0 for some time.)

Regards,
Nick