[Geany] Custom build commands (was Re: Modifying the document browser's behavior)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Feb 29 17:10:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:59:30 +0100
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> For example, one think I'm still missing is the possibility to
> easily switch the build rules. I'm using "make RELEASE=*" to build a
> project, where * is either DEBUG, BETA or FINAL. The Makefile handles
> these parameter. I don't really like Microsofts VC++, but this is one
> topic which is well done.

I haven't used MS VC++ (I used to use Delphi years ago), but I'd like
some improvements to make building with different options easier. I
don't think we'll add any Makefile generation support to the core of
Geany, but things like remembering the Build Custom commands would be
good, perhaps stored with the project.

(Also related is having a configurable Make command per project and per
filetype (e.g. using Bud for D) - this is on the TODO list.)

Regards,
Nick