[Geany] Modifying the document browser's behavior

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Thu Feb 28 06:59:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:27:24 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> 0.12 is very old :D.

Yes, that's true. 0.12 is the release available in Ubuntu (Gusty) and I
haven't had the time to backport a 0.13 for now.

By the way. The official Debian package doesn't have a development
package. I think this is a must have to allow people to write plugins. Do
you have contact to the Debian folks?

> First, basic information can be found in the manual as usual:
> http://geany.uvena.de/manual/0.13/index.html#project-management
>
> New since 0.13 is the ability to open/save project session files.

Ok, that is one step in the right direction. ;-)

Since my spare time is currently extremely limited, I hadn't have the
time to think about what is needed and so I have no feature request
ready.

For example, one think I'm still missing is the possibility to
easily switch the build rules. I'm using "make RELEASE=*" to build a
project, where * is either DEBUG, BETA or FINAL. The Makefile handles
these parameter. I don't really like Microsofts VC++, but this is one
topic which is well done.

As a long-time Emacs user, there are some other points where I have
problems and there are some features I'm still missing. I'll think about
them at this weekend (hopefully) and post my thoughts here.

I'm using Geany on Windows and on my Laptop (running Ubuntu Dapper) and I
love to work with it. Keep up the good work.

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>