[Geany] Force execute in console option

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Feb 16 09:57:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:22:46 +1300, Rob van der Linde
<robvdl at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

Sorry for the late answer.

> Congratulations with the Geany 0.13 release, I've been following the
Thanks.

> The thing I sometimes get however, is if I have already typed something
> prior into the VT terminal prior, the execute button does not work, and
> at the bottom of the Geany window it reads:
>
> Could not execute the file in the VTE because it probably contains a
> command

This message also means that there might be something typed on the
prompt which would be executed if Geany would perform the desired action
(changing the path, run the current file, see below).

> I then have to manually type the python manage.py runserver in the
> terminal.
Or just hit enter to make the VTE "clean" again.
This is a security feature to avoid unwanted problems. We discussed
this intensively at [1].

I don't want to add a preference to disable this feature. I'm not sure
why you get this message. Do you type in the VTE when your
program/script is running?

[1] http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2007-December/002290.html