[Geany] Force execute in console option

Rob van der Linde robvdl at xxxxx
Thu Feb 7 21:22:46 UTC 2008

Congratulations with the Geany 0.13 release, I've been following the
trunk for a while, and noticed the version bump the other day.

I use Geany a lot for Django based development as of lately, I love the
new project manager, how it loads the last open files I had open for
each project, as I re-open that project.

I also like the feature, where each project can have it's own build
command, I use this for my Django projects, set it to something python
manage.py runserver... etc

The thing I sometimes get however, is if I have already typed something
prior into the VT terminal prior, the execute button does not work, and
at the bottom of the Geany window it reads:

Could not execute the file in the VTE because it probably contains a
command

I then have to manually type the python manage.py runserver in the
terminal.

I was wondering, if it was possible to maybe add a new option in Geany,
a tickbox in the options, something like "Force break previous commands
in VTE on execute", so if you hit the execute button, and if this option
is enabled, it would send a ^C signal to the VTE, regardless of what's
running in it, and then always execute the program.

Would this be difficult/possible to implement?