[Geany] Howto install geanyprj into a specific location?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Mon Dec 22 09:44:54 UTC 2008

Dear Devs,

I currently use stow[1] to build and install packages which aren't present
in the (x)Ubuntu repositories.

I build all my packages in /usr/local/stow/<package>-<revision>/ and stow
symlinks all executables and libraries to /usr/local/<bin|lib|(etc)>/.

Version control is a breeze this way and I can switch versions/revisions
within seconds!

Here's my problem:

Geanyprj always looks for the real location of geany's libdir. The
--prefix= and --libdir= configure flags are completely ignored by the
configure script. This behaviour will cause geanyprj to be installed in a
specific version of geany and when updating geany, the plugin gets 'lost'
in the previous version's lib dir.

My request:

--libdir= should not be overridden by the configure script and geanyprj
(and maybe other plugins?) should install themselves into ${libdir}/geany

Is this a correct observation, or is this autotools noob completely wrong
in this pursuit? ;)

Happy holidays and may 2009 be as great for Geany as 2008 has been ;)

Harold.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/stow/