[Geany] Howto install geanyprj into a specific location?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 28 10:52:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:44:54 +0100, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

Hey Harold,

>My request:
>
>--libdir= should not be overridden by the configure script and geanyprj
>(and maybe other plugins?) should install themselves into
>${libdir}/geany

See
http://git.geany.org/?p=geany-plugins;a=blob;f=spellcheck/configure.in#l50
(geanyprj has the same three lines).
And it affects also most/all other external plugins.

AFAIR, the problem is that when accepting the --libdir command line
option, there is no way to set libdir to a sane default value if the
command line option is not passed.
Well, there most probably there *is* a such a way but when I wrote the
configure.in for the spellcheck plugin I didn't know how to do this and
after we got waf for the plugins, I lost interest, especially since
autotools are not my best friends.
I guess Yura others felt similar when they copied these three lines to
their plugins :).

So, to make a long story short, patches are welcome.