[Geany] Dark Theme for Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Dec 3 15:50:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:29:23 +0100, Thomas Martitz <thomas47 at arcor.de>
wrote:

>Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>> Not really.
>> It would just cause many new code and other code to be rewritten
>> while this feature would probably used rather seldom unless you
>> change the colour scheme twice every day.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Enrico
>
>I think it doesn't have to be complete themes necessarily (real
>theming should be done by GTK imho). But I'd surely be nice if some
>more filetype defs were shipped with Geany. That make easier to have
>e.g. such a dark theme consistent over all filetypes without editing
>dozens of filetype.* files.

Well, I'm not sure whether we really should ship two or even more
colour schemes (besides that it would be ugly to realise in terms of
installing with autotools/waf/on Windows).

But the dark scheme project already exists. I think this could be a
good place for people who like dark schemes. It's everything already
there but it seems people do like to avoid realising this project?

>But on the other hand, given that Geany is a tool for developers, the
>target audience is able (and probably willing) to do their own.

Kind of, I guess the real audience isn't only developers anymore, it
seems people use it for everything and this is cool :).