[Geany] Dark Theme for Geany

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed Dec 3 15:59:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:50:50 +0100, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:29:23 +0100, Thomas Martitz <thomas47 at arcor.de>
> wrote:
>
>>Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>>> Not really.
>>> It would just cause many new code and other code to be rewritten
>>> while this feature would probably used rather seldom unless you
>>> change the colour scheme twice every day.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Enrico
>>
>>I think it doesn't have to be complete themes necessarily (real
>>theming should be done by GTK imho). But I'd surely be nice if some
>>more filetype defs were shipped with Geany. That make easier to have
>>e.g. such a dark theme consistent over all filetypes without editing
>>dozens of filetype.* files.
>
> Well, I'm not sure whether we really should ship two or even more
> colour schemes (besides that it would be ugly to realise in terms of
> installing with autotools/waf/on Windows).
>
> But the dark scheme project already exists. I think this could be a
> good place for people who like dark schemes. It's everything already
> there but it seems people do like to avoid realising this project?

You mean the project at http://code.google.com/p/geany-dark-scheme/ ?

That project doesn't even support .php files! ;)

>>But on the other hand, given that Geany is a tool for developers, the
>>target audience is able (and probably willing) to do their own.
>
> Kind of, I guess the real audience isn't only developers anymore, it
> seems people use it for everything and this is cool :).

I use Geany because it's an easy to use but feature rich application. If
I'd like to jump through hoops to get something done within my editor, I
would have chosen something like Emacs ;)

On a side note: every time I change my color scheme, I loose my
customizations in the filetypes.common file ;)

-H-