[Geany] Speaking of tab switching... sometimes they disappear

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Fri Aug 15 00:18:37 UTC 2008

G'day,

SWMBO finds that her document tabs occasionally just up and disappear on
her. No error message or anything, they just... vanish! They quite
happily reappear on a "Toggle All Additional Widgets", but may disappear
again at some point.

This has been happening for a couple of weeks, across a few builds from
SVN (including one just yesterday morning - r2879). I'm running Geany
built at the same times from the same SVN revisions, and have not seen
the problem even once.

I strongly suspect some interaction with the NVIDIA driver, as we
basically differ on hardware: both of us running Fedora 9 x86-64 updated
with the latest patches, but she's on a desktop Intel P4 with NVIDIA
GeForce FX 5200, and I'm on a laptop AMD Athlon X2 TK-55 with NVIDIA
GeForce 7000M; maybe the latest NVIDIA driver has a bug on 5* series
cards?

The only other thing I can think of is that she is of the habit of
selecting a dozen or more files in the sidebar and opening them all at
once, to make global changes in them. I always open one file at a time,
and rarely have more files open than the file tabs can display.

Anyway:

a) have you seen this before? (when / how?)

b) any tips on diagnosing it?

cheers,
Ross.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"