[Geany] SVN custom tab width/soft tabs

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Aug 13 11:51:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:25:44 +0500
"Walery Studennikov" <despairr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > This is now implemented in SVN as a 'Tabs and Spaces' indent type
> > preference and per-document setting, plus a Tab Width pref (the old
> > pref is now called Indent Width). The main editing actions should
> > work as expected in the new mode, but some of Geany's code insertion
> > features (e.g. default file templates) might still use tabs. Feel
> > free to file bugs/requests to improve things further (or post here).
>
> How can I set "display-tab-width" to 8 spaces and "indent-width" to 4
> spaces using
> current editor preferences dialog?
> I couldn't do that using latest SVN version of geany.

Are you sure you're running latest SVN? (svn up & rebuild, install).

In the Edit->Preferences dialog, on the Editor tab:
Under Indentation first set Width for "indent-width". Then set
Type to 'Tabs and Spaces', and below that set 'Hard tab width'
for "display-tab-width".

Note: 'Hard tab width' was renamed from just 'Tab width' on Monday for
clarity.

> Still there is no distinguish between display tabs width and single
> indent width.

There is when using the 'Tabs and Spaces' Type.

Regards,
Nick