[Geany] auto completion with variables and inside strings

Jochen J. Ulbricht j.ulbricht at xxxxx
Fri Apr 18 14:03:17 UTC 2008

>>> Hi @ all,
>>> is there a posibility to search in all word of an document?
>>> there are no matches for words inside strings ( sql-queries f.e. ) or
>>> php-variables
>>>

>> I'm not sure whether I'm understanding you right.
>> You want an auto completion for "bar" from the following example:
>>
>> <?php
>> $foo = "bar";
>> ?>
>> Then Geany should suggest "bar" in the auto completion list?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Enrico
>>
> Yes, if I've got let s say 2 queries:
>
> $Query1 = "SELECT ColWithLongNameAndMeaning1,
> ColWithLongerNameAndMeaning2 FROM ".$tblWhatEver.";";
>
> And I write $Query2 = "SELECT CONCAT( Col
>
> then it would be nice if auto completion would find both of the
> previous ColNames ( and what ever else begins with "Col".
> This is the easiest way to find out ( without scrolling 500s of lines
> up ) if I write the col or variable correct.
>
> In Kate it is like this, but Kate does not support custom definitions
> of function setc. for auto completion. So I ' ve spent the whole night
> to customize the syntaxhighlighting ( colors ) and tags and now I do
> not now if - and when how to get this work in Geany :(
I forgot:

If you edit a Javascript-file with an Object-definition in the json way:
var blubber = {
    x : 0,
    foo : function(){
       return "bar";
    }
}
autocolpletion does not work, because no functions like "function
foo().." are found ( I think ), too.