[Geany] auto completion with variables and inside strings

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Apr 19 07:58:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:03:17 +0200, "Jochen J. Ulbricht"
<j.ulbricht at vidat.eu> wrote:

> >> I'm not sure whether I'm understanding you right.
> >> You want an auto completion for "bar" from the following example:
> >>
> >> <?php
> >> $foo = "bar";
> >> ?>
> >> Then Geany should suggest "bar" in the auto completion list?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Enrico
> >>
> > Yes, if I've got let s say 2 queries:
> >
> > $Query1 = "SELECT ColWithLongNameAndMeaning1,
> > ColWithLongerNameAndMeaning2 FROM ".$tblWhatEver.";";
> >
> > And I write $Query2 = "SELECT CONCAT( Col
> >
> > then it would be nice if auto completion would find both of the
> > previous ColNames ( and what ever else begins with "Col".
> > This is the easiest way to find out ( without scrolling 500s of
> > lines up ) if I write the col or variable correct.
> >
> > In Kate it is like this, but Kate does not support custom
> > definitions of function setc. for auto completion. So I ' ve spent
> > the whole night to customize the syntaxhighlighting ( colors ) and
> > tags and now I do not now if - and when how to get this work in
> > Geany :(
> I forgot:
>
> If you edit a Javascript-file with an Object-definition in the json
> way: var blubber = {
>     x : 0,
>     foo : function(){
>        return "bar";
>     }
> }
> autocolpletion does not work, because no functions like "function
> foo().." are found ( I think ), too.

Geany 0.14 will find blubber.foo, this was fixed after the 0.13 release.
And I just fixed a little issue which caused to not detect the x as a
property.