[Geany] auto completion with variables and inside strings

Jochen J. Ulbricht j.ulbricht at xxxxx
Fri Apr 18 13:56:55 UTC 2008

>> Hi @ all,
>> is there a posibility to search in all word of an document?
>> there are no matches for words inside strings ( sql-queries f.e. ) or
>> php-variables
>>

> I'm not sure whether I'm understanding you right.
> You want an auto completion for "bar" from the following example:
>
> <?php
> $foo = "bar";
> ?>
> Then Geany should suggest "bar" in the auto completion list?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Yes, if I've got let s say 2 queries:

$Query1 = "SELECT ColWithLongNameAndMeaning1,
ColWithLongerNameAndMeaning2 FROM ".$tblWhatEver.";";

And I write $Query2 = "SELECT CONCAT( Col

then it would be nice if auto completion would find both of the previous
ColNames ( and what ever else begins with "Col".
This is the easiest way to find out ( without scrolling 500s of lines up
) if I write the col or variable correct.

In Kate it is like this, but Kate does not support custom definitions of
function setc. for auto completion. So I ' ve spent the whole night to
customize the syntaxhighlighting ( colors ) and tags and now I do not
now if - and when how to get this work in Geany :(