[Geany] Do not allow Geany/VTE to override bash shortcuts

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Fri Sep 28 07:17:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:37:58 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 24/09/07 15:39:01, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:02:00 +0200, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
>> wrote:
>> > I'd like to use some bash-related shortcuts in Geany's embedded VTE
>> > terminal emulator.
>> >
>> > Like:
>> > * ctrl-l (clear terminal)
>> > * ctrl-r (reverse-i-search)
>> > * ctrl-k (remove from cursor to EOL)
>> > * ctrl-u (remove from cursor to BOL)
>> > * etc...
>> [...]
>> To get it into Geany we need some smarter code, but for now the patch
>> might help.
>
> These should now work in SVN, even if they are menu accelerators. I
> also enabled some other common bash Ctrl-[a-z] shortcuts, e.g. Ctrl-W
> for delete last word. It is slightly hackish in that the menubar is
> temporarily disabled, so you see flickering - but IMO it's worth it for
> the bash shortcuts. Other Geany commands that don't conflict with bash
> should still work.
>
> Any SVN users, please test this and post any comments.

Ctrl-L still opens the 'Goto line #' popup... Ctrl-R sometimes alse shows
up as ^R, so I think that your implementation is somewhat buggy... ;(

-H-

PS: Is there a way to toggle the VTE (with input focus change) with the
keyboard? I could only find a toggle for the message window, but that
doesn't give focus to the VTE widget.