[Geany] Do not allow Geany/VTE to override bash shortcuts

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Sep 26 16:37:58 UTC 2007

On 24/09/07 15:39:01, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:02:00 +0200, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
> wrote:
> > I'd like to use some bash-related shortcuts in Geany's embedded VTE
> > terminal emulator.
> >
> > Like:
> > * ctrl-l (clear terminal)
> > * ctrl-r (reverse-i-search)
> > * ctrl-k (remove from cursor to EOL)
> > * ctrl-u (remove from cursor to BOL)
> > * etc...
> [...]
> To get it into Geany we need some smarter code, but for now the patch
> might help.

These should now work in SVN, even if they are menu accelerators. I
also enabled some other common bash Ctrl-[a-z] shortcuts, e.g. Ctrl-W
for delete last word. It is slightly hackish in that the menubar is
temporarily disabled, so you see flickering - but IMO it's worth it for
the bash shortcuts. Other Geany commands that don't conflict with bash
should still work.

Any SVN users, please test this and post any comments.

(Unfortunately there is still a problem with Ctrl-Shift-[CV] for copy/
paste - probably some special setup for the VTE widget is needed,
because it now receives those commands).

Regards,
Nick