[Geany] Do not allow Geany/VTE to override bash shortcuts

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Sep 24 14:39:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:02:00 +0200, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I'd like to use some bash-related shortcuts in Geany's embedded VTE
> terminal emulator.
>
> Like:
> * ctrl-l (clear terminal)
> * ctrl-r (reverse-i-search)
> * ctrl-k (remove from cursor to EOL)
> * ctrl-u (remove from cursor to BOL)
> * etc...
>
> Geany overrides some of these shortcuts by default (examples: ctrl-l
> = goto line nr, ctrl-r = reload)
>
> Is there a way to disable all Geany shortcuts while the VTE window has
> focus?
See the attached patch. It disabled all defined keybindings if the VTE
is active. But this is only a dirty 1minute hack ;-).
There are still some problems:
- it only works for shortcuts which are not bound to a menu entry(e.g.
you have Ctrl-r for "reload file" which has a menu item where ctrl-r
is displayed, then it won't work)
- with the patch, there is no way to get out of the VTE using the
"switch to editor/search bar/scribble/..." keybindings

To get it into Geany we need some smarter code, but for now the patch
might help.