[Geany] site looks bad in konqueror

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Mon Sep 24 19:46:26 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:04:35 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > The website doesn't validate, it could be a reason for the bad
> > > rendering from konqueror.
> >
> > The website in general responds very slowly for me in Firefox. I've
> > mentioned it here before, and it could be a javascript thing.
>
> Well, when looking at the source of the delivered HTML code, there
> isn't much Javascript in it. I must admit, the server is sometimes
> generally a bit slow(but therefore it is cheap ;-)). I don't have any
> problems with Firefox.

Sorry. What I meant was, Firefox (and Xorg, actually) bogs down when
on the site, or when I change browser tabs to the one with the Geany
page on it.

> > Anyway, I notice it's a pmwiki-based site. It's possible that it could
> > stand an upgrade to its pmwiki engine? Looks like it's running on
> > 2.1.11, but the current release of pmwiki is at 2.1.27 (with a
> > 2.2.0-beta63 available as well).
>
> I updated the wiki engine to 2.1.27, maybe it helps a bit.

Behaves about the same for me, afaict. This is on Ubuntu 7.04 using
Firefox 2.0.0.6.

The site's usable though. It just takes extra time to navigate around
between pages.