[Geany] Question regarding project management

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Oct 28 12:18:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:13:32 +0200, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
wrote:

> Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On 26/10/07 13:27:59, Tim Tassonis wrote:
> >> Hi Enrico/Nick et al
> >>
> >> So far, the project management seems to simply let you define the
> >> base
> >> path of your project, and the svndiff plugin now seems to honour
> >> this (works great, thanks).
> >>
> >> - Line wrapping
> >
> > I'm not sure about this one. I see that if you had a project that
> > was all plain text files it might be useful, but it's not a
> > 'standard'-type project issue. Perhaps it would be better if there
> > was a different feature, e.g. setting line wrapping if too many
> > long lines are detected.
> >
> >> - Folding/autocompletion settings
> >
> > Not sure about folding settings - what do you mean?
>
> Just whether to enable/disable folding.
Is it really necessary on a per-project base? I think folding is a
code-independent feature which is mainly dependent on the user and
whether he likes it or not,.

> > For autocompletion, wouldn't the keynames still be useful for the
> > whole filetype, not just a project? Maybe you could give an example.
>
> Same here, just whether to do it or not.
Similar as above, I don't think this is really necessary to be
changeable for each project.

> My idea was that you could just override some default settings if in
> a project you want geany to behave differently, not more.
Yes, we will add some settings this way at some time.