[Geany] Question regarding project management

Tim Tassonis timtas at xxxxx
Fri Oct 26 19:13:32 UTC 2007

Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 26/10/07 13:27:59, Tim Tassonis wrote:
>> Hi Enrico/Nick et al
>>
>> So far, the project management seems to simply let you define the
>> base
>> path of your project, and the svndiff plugin now seems to honour this
>> (works great, thanks).
>>
>> - Line wrapping
>
> I'm not sure about this one. I see that if you had a project that was
> all plain text files it might be useful, but it's not a 'standard'-type
> project issue. Perhaps it would be better if there was a different
> feature, e.g. setting line wrapping if too many long lines are
> detected.
>
>> - Folding/autocompletion settings
>
> Not sure about folding settings - what do you mean?

Just whether to enable/disable folding.

> For autocompletion, wouldn't the keynames still be useful for the whole
> filetype, not just a project? Maybe you could give an example.

Same here, just whether to do it or not.

I was basically just going over the Properties settings and picked the
ones that I thought could be dependable on different projects.

My idea was that you could just override some default settings if in a
project you want geany to behave differently, not more.

Like when you do ruby, you use two spaces for indentation, while in C
you use tabs and so on.

Tim