[Geany] autocomplete terminology confusion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Oct 20 14:43:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:44:01 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/19/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> > So my suggestion is to rename the current construct completion
> > completely to e.g. "code snippets" or something else.
>
> My guess is that lots of folks will use them for things other than
> code, so maybe just "snippets" would do; as in, "Hit Tab to activate
> the snippet for the preceeding bit of text". Then you'd find yourself
> referring to "filetype-specific snippets" for those different sections
> in the config file.
But why not? IMO it fits the actual behaviour more than auto completion.

> Also, I'm guessing you'd want to rename ~/.geany/autocomplete.conf to
> ~/.geany/snippets.conf, as well as purge any mentions of "autocomplete
This is quite inconvenient, so we should have done this before the 0.12
release.