[Geany] autocomplete terminology confusion

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Fri Oct 19 18:44:01 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> So my suggestion is to rename the current construct completion
> completely to e.g. "code snippets" or something else.

My guess is that lots of folks will use them for things other than
code, so maybe just "snippets" would do; as in, "Hit Tab to activate
the snippet for the preceeding bit of text". Then you'd find yourself
referring to "filetype-specific snippets" for those different sections
in the config file.

Also, I'm guessing you'd want to rename ~/.geany/autocomplete.conf to
~/.geany/snippets.conf, as well as purge any mentions of "autocomplete
construct" from the manual, replacing them appropriately.

---John