[Geany] autocomplete.conf is not working for me

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Oct 15 11:56:29 UTC 2007

On 14/10/07 17:09:27, kib2 wrote:
> Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> > Or just open a new file without any template and just type "for"
> and
> > press the TAB key.
> That's what I did : no autocomplete.
> > Maybe you have some old keyboard shortcuts defined, so that the
> > autocompletion is not bound to TAB? Look for the "Complete
> construct"
> > keybinding in the preferences dialog.
> >
> Hi Enrico,
> no, the preference dialog is set to TAB in the field "Complete
> construct".

What if you try a different keybinding for 'complete construct', e.g.
space, or even ctrl-alt-c?

But this is very strange that even with an empty -c configuration
directory autocompletion doesn't work. The only difference seems to be
that you've installed it in a different place. Can you check that the
About dialog says Geany 0.12?

(BTW, personally I would just install Geany in the default prefix
configure chooses, which is usually /usr/local, removing any package
first, but even so it should work from other places too).

Regards,
Nick