[Geany] autocomplete.conf is not working for me

kib2 kib2 at xxxxx
Mon Oct 15 10:48:55 UTC 2007

Hi John,

> Your PATH environment variable should have /home/kib/opt/bin in it. To
> set PATH, I have the following line at the end of my ``~/.bashrc``
> file::
>
>     PATH=/home/john/opt/bin:$PATH
>
> If you make that change (with s/john/kib/), and log out & log back in,
> you should then see that ~/opt/bin directory at the front of your
> path::
>
>     echo $PATH
>
> Now, the system should find ``geany`` just fine. Try::
>
>     which geany
>
> and it should say: ``/home/kib/opt/bin/geany``.
In fact, I've already set my path last night, but got the same issue.

> If you're building and installing your own Geany, you probably don't
> want to have 2 Geanys installed. Check if you've installed Ubuntu's::
>
>     dpkg -l | grep geany
>
> If it's there, you can remove it like so::
>
>     sudo aptitude purge geany
That was the case, I've uninstalled the previous one with Synaptic, but
it was not totally purged.
Thanks for the tip.

That does not changed anything either, typing "for" in an empty doc
gives nothing.
My autocompete.conf file is in "/home/kib/.geany", that's correct no ?

> (In case they're of any use to anyone, I added those notes to my
> little Geany notes page at
> http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/notes/geany.html .)
Nice page. If you're interested in an editor/previewer for
reStructuredText, I've made my own one avaible here (with PyQt4):
http://kib2.free.fr/reSTinPeace/
I need to update it, because I saw there is still problems on Linux
machines.

In particular, you'll have to change the line 101 of the file
"highlighter.py" to this one :
match = pattern.match(unicode(text), pos)
to get the highlighter work correctly.

Regards,

Kib.