[Geany] tiny feature request: list open files

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Oct 1 14:07:42 UTC 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:49:20 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/1/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > On 30/09/07 20:23:50, John Gabriele wrote:
> >
> > > Feature request: I'd like to be able to run ``geany
> > > --list-open-files`` and have it simply spit out a list of the
> > > files it
> > > currently has open to stdout (with full path information).
> > > Similar to how --ft-names works.
> >
> > What would you use that for? (Session support will be improved in
> > future - for projects and maybe custom session files).
> >

> Some users had expressed interest in a hierarchical file browser (for
> files that Geany already has open). I was fiddling around and wrote a
> small Tkinter utility that would show what files Geany has open,
> sorted by full path name so as to list files together that are in the
> same directory, and which provides hot keys to open them (under the
> covers it just calls ``geany <file>`` and Geany goes to that file
> since it's already open).
Is this really the way we want to go? Sounds very cumbersomely. We
could add it temporarily as some kind of workaround but for the future
I think this should do a real file browser plugin.