[Geany] tiny feature request: list open files

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Mon Oct 1 13:49:20 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 30/09/07 20:23:50, John Gabriele wrote:
>
> > Feature request: I'd like to be able to run ``geany
> > --list-open-files`` and have it simply spit out a list of the files
> > it
> > currently has open to stdout (with full path information). Similar to
> > how --ft-names works.
>
> What would you use that for? (Session support will be improved in
> future - for projects and maybe custom session files).

Some users had expressed interest in a hierarchical file browser (for
files that Geany already has open). I was fiddling around and wrote a
small Tkinter utility that would show what files Geany has open,
sorted by full path name so as to list files together that are in the
same directory, and which provides hot keys to open them (under the
covers it just calls ``geany <file>`` and Geany goes to that file
since it's already open).

The last bit I need is a way to ask Geany what files it has open.

---John