[Geany] key combo for search box in toolbar?

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue May 8 21:56:59 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 May 2007 13:34:21 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [snip]
> > One problem: after I've hit F7, typed my search term, maybe hit F3 a
> > few times, is there a way to get back to editing my doc without
> > reaching for the mouse? I'd expect F7 to toggle me back to my
> > document, but it doesn't.
>
> F2 -> switch to editor
> F4 -> switch to VTE
> F6 -> switch to scribble
> And all the others are mentioned in the docs ;-).

Thanks.

It's funny, but I was expecting a toggle key. I like keys that toggle.
Geany tends to most often use:

1. complementary key combos (ex. Ctrl-+ & Ctrl--, Ctrl-. & Ctrl-, and
Ctrl-[ & Ctrl-], not to mention the named keys (like Ctrl-PgUp &
Ctrl-PgDn))

2. Ctrl-key & Shift-Ctrl-key, where Shift-Ctrl-key does something
"more" than just Ctrl-key (or maybe does the same sort of thing but
with a twist)

3. One separate key for each action (like those focus commands (F2, F6, F4, F7))

The exceptions I notice are:

* Ctrl-I, Shift-Ctrl-I
* Ctrl-G, Shift-Ctrl-G

which reverse when you hit Shift, and

* Ctrl-B (comment line)
* Ctrl-M (marker)
* F11
* Ctrl-T {from Scintilla}

which toggle.

By the way, Shift-Ctrl-I works great now. Thanks!

---John