[Geany] key combo for search box in toolbar?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 8 17:50:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007 13:34:21 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 5/8/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 May 2007 13:17:37 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> > <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there currently any way to get focus to move to that little
> > > search field without touching the mouse? Ctrl-f gets me the find
> > > dialog, but
> >
> > Try F7 ;-).
>
> Whoops. There it is. :) Thanks.
>
> > Or edit your keybindings and edit "switch_search_bar" resp. "Switch
> > to Search Bar".
>
> I don't know what you mean by '"switch_search_bar" resp.', but I found
> "Switch to Search Bar".
In the preferences dialog, keybindings tab in the list of available
shortcuts it is called "Switch to Search Bar".
In your ~/.geany/keybindings.conf it is called switch_search_bar.
Not really important unless you want to change it.

> One problem: after I've hit F7, typed my search term, maybe hit F3 a
> few times, is there a way to get back to editing my doc without
> reaching for the mouse? I'd expect F7 to toggle me back to my
> document, but it doesn't.
F2 -> switch to editor
F4 -> switch to VTE
F6 -> switch to scribble
And all the others are mentioned in the docs ;-).