[Geany] New Windows built and installer available

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Mar 2 15:22:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

I created a new Windows built of the current SVN version. There is also
a new installer(ATM only for the SVN version) available which is
now based on NSIS (http://nsis.sourceforge.net) and the installer
script is available through SVN.
The new installer has a nice feature which adds a new entry "Open with
Geany" to the Windows context menu of every filetype. So, you can open
any files with a right click in the explorer and say "Open with Geany"
and the file will be opened in Geany. Of course, this is an optional
feature and you can choose whether to activate or not while installing.
The installer is available in two variants:
a) small installer which contains just Geany
b) the full installer which also includes a full GTK runtime environment
(GTK 2.8, based on gtk+-2.8.18-setup-1.exe).

The small installer is useful when you already have a global
installation of a GTK runtime environment and don't want to install it
again.
Otherwise, especially for new users, the full installer is quite
comfortable because it installs everything needed to run Geany. Please
note, that if you install Geany with the included GTK runtime
environment it is only usuable for Geany other programs won't recognise
it unless you add the installation path of Geany to your PATH
environment variable.

The installer script geany.nsi:
I doubt that this file is useful for anyone but I put it in SVN so
that all Geany related files are there and everyone can have a look on
what is going on while using the installer ;-).
To use it, you need of course the NSIS compiler available from
http://nsis.sourceforge.net and a subdirectory geany-$version with all
files to be installed. If you have any questions about this, ask me.
But I think most users won't need to use this at all.

Files:
http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany-0.11svn_win32.zip
http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany-0.11svn_nogtk_setup.exe
http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany-0.11svn_setup.exe